This article will walk you through a typical installation of the FileCatalyst Server on MacOSX and how to enable the FileCatalyst Server service.
FileCatalyst Server v3.4.2 and later.
Mac OSX Environment.
- Download the Mac OSX installer from the FileCatalyst Download Portal, use the Pkg Installer.
- Navigate the download location and run the installer. Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- Open Finder and click on Applications.
- Scroll down and run FileCatalystServer.app.
- When the UI launches, you will be presented with a request string to activate your license. Send this request string to your Sales Representative to obtain a license.
- Enter the license into the field. Copy and paste it right out of the email you receive and make sure there are no extra spaces at the end of the string.
- When the UI launches, go to Adminstration and enable it. Enter a password for the Admin account and hit Apply.
- Close the application.
- From the Apple menu, open System Preferences.
- Scroll down and open FileCatalyst Server.
- Check the Start FileCatalyst Server on Startup. You may be required to enter elevated user credentials to save the changes.
- Hit Start FileCatalyst Server to start the service.