FileCatalyst Direct BYOL on Microsoft Azure
Posted by Elton Carneiro, Last modified by Aly Essa on 16 January 2018 09:04 AM
Getting Started with FileCatalyst Direct Server on Microsoft Azure
Once you start up the instance on Azure, you will need to perform the following steps.
1. SSH into the linux using the username ubuntu and either the password or SSH Key
2. Sudo to root user
3. cd into the /opt/utechsoft/server folder
4. Once you are in, you will need to stop the FileCatalyst Server service if it is running.
service fcserver stop
5. (Optional) The default admin password is: movefilesfast!
To change the remote administration password run the following command:
java -jar FileCatalystServer.jar -passwdadmin
6. The next step is to install a license key.
7. run ./fc_server_console.sh and look for the Request String line:
Your license is not valid or no license is installed.
To request a FileCatalyst Direct license key, contact your FileCatalyst sales representative and include the request string below:
Request String: <REQUEST STRING>
8. Send the request string from your console output to your sales rep. They will provide you with a key. If you do not have a sales rep, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Install the license key. Edit fcconf.conf, enter in licensing information after the equal sign:
## License key FCServer.server.config.license=
10. Save the file and start the service up
service fcserver start
11. You can now use the Remote Admin client to Administer the Server. Contact your sales rep for download access.
12. In order to perform transfers and to get listings, you will need to enable IP Masquerade on the Server and set it to the public IP. Contact email@example.com for assistance on this.