The following article will provide instructions on how to install and run the FileCatalyst HotFolder on a Linux OS in headless mode.
FileCatalyst HotFolder v3.4 and later.
Note: This article assumes all commands are executed with root privileges.
- Download the Filecatalyst HotFolder TAR archive. Copy the file to /opt/utechsoft/hotfolder/.
- Create a directory and extract the archive using the commands below:
tar -xvf fc_hotfolder.tar
- Run the application using the following command in the prompt:
java -jar FileCatalystHotFolder.jar -setadmin
That will enable remote administration and set username and password for the HotFolder Remote Admin.
- Edit fchf.conf file using a text editor and enter in your HotFolder license key:
- Install the FileCatalyst HotFolder as a service onto the system. Open the SERVICE_WRAPPER_README in a text editor. This file is located in /opt/utechsoft/hotfolder/service_wrapper/. When performing these steps be sure to read all the way to the bottom of the Wrapper Readme.
- Start the HotFolder as a service using:
start fchotfolder start
- Ensure that port 12505 is open on the firewall and launch the HotFolder Remote Admin Application to connect to the HotFolder service.