In FileCatalyst Workflow, it is possible to add a Job Data Field which will allow the end user to send files to any email address and have the system notify the sender when the status of the Job has been changed. This article will guide you through adding this field to your order form.
FileCatalyst Workflow v4.9 and later.
- Log into FileCatalyst Workflow as the Super Admin User.
- Click on Modify Configuration and go to the Order Forms under the Job Configuration section.
- Select the Order Form you would like to edit by expanding the window using + and clicking on Form 1.
- In the Fields section select Notify when download occurs from the drop down list.
- Hit Add Field and use the clickable arrows to position this field on your form.
- Click the Submit button.
- Click Save to confirm that changes have been applied.
- If you wish, you can also set the Notify Sender Field on the order form as Hidden, and set the default to YES. This will hide that field and make the download notifications always work with all jobs and all the users.
- There are 3 types of download email notifications in Workflow:
- The first notification is sent to the sender as soon as a recipient clicks on the download link.
- The second notification is sent when the recipient has downloaded all the files via the Java Applet when Md5 checksum succeeded and the Job is flipped to Sent and Received or Shipped status.
- If the recipient has decided to use the individual download links (not the applet) a link to Notify the sender that the download was successful, is provided on the download page. When this link is clicked by the recipient the Job is flipped to Sent and Received or Shipped status and an email is sent.