Attempting to start the FileCatalyst Server results in the server failing to start.
Looking in the logs the following entries will be found:
Thu Feb 18 14:40:57 UTC 2016 - Database getConnection failed: Failed to start database 'FCSERVER_DB' with class loader [email protected], see the next exception for details.
Thu Feb 18 14:40:57 UTC 2016 - Re-registering JDBC Drivers
Thu Feb 18 14:40:57 UTC 2016 - could not start PersistanceManager: java.sql.SQLException: Failed to start database 'FCSERVER_DB' with class loader [email protected], see the next exception for details.
These log messages indicate that there are corrupt entries in the database are preventing the database from being read.
FileCatalyst Direct Server v. 3.4 and later.
Restore a backup copy of the database:
- Turn off the FileCatalyst Server service.
- Go to the database backup folder in the install directory. (i.e.: \path\to\FileCatalyst Server\backup\database)
- Open the backup folder from a date stamp that corresponds to the last time the service was working.
- Copy the FCSERVER_DB folder to a temporary location outside of the installation directory.
- Open the \FileCatalyst Server\.fcdb folder inside the installation directory.
- Copy the FCSERVER_DB to a separate location as a temporary backup. This file can be deleted after this process is complete.
- Open the \FileCatalyst Server\.fcdb folder again and delete the existing FCSERVER_DB folder.
- Copy the database backup FCSERVER_DB folder created in Step 3 and paste it into the \FileCatalyst Server\.fcdb folder location.
- Start the FileCatalyst Server service.