The FileCatalyst Web Suite is shipped with an internal database (HSQL DB) which should only be used for testing purposes. The HSQL Database is a lightweight tool which does not offer any backup or recovery options. Before any FileCatalyst Web Deployment is moved into production it is imperative that an external database is used. We recommend the MySQL Community Server.
FileCatalyst Workflow v4.7 and later.
FileCatalyst Webmail v4.7 and later.
Note: Before completing these steps you should back up your Workflow Configuration or FCWeb Configuration Folder. The location of your Configuration folder can be found in the About FileCatalyst screen.
You will also want to ensure users are not logged into the site during this process. To ensure this you can block the access ports (80 or 443 for SSL). The following Resolution instructions are based on a Windows Installation.
- Download and install MySQL Community Server from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/
- When the MySQL installer executes, select the Full radial. This option will install the Community Server as well as the Workbench tool. The Workbench tool allows easy migrations, backups, and repairs of MySQL tables.
- Fill out the necessary information, such as the installation paths. Keep track of the password you enter for the MySQL Root Password field as it will be needed in the next steps.
- Once installed, browse to your FileCatalyst Workflow/Webmail site and log in as Super Admin.
- Go to Modify Configuration at the top of the menu bar.
- Click on Edit Database Settings link under the Advanced Settings section.
- Select the MySQL radial to enable the Database Settings fields.
- Do not adjust the Driver and Path fields.
- Enter a Database Name. You can name it workflow or fcweb. Do not use a database name that already exists.
- The username should be root and the password should be what you entered during the MySQL Installation in step 1b.
- Click the button below to Convert Existing Data once. Depending on the size of your database this may take some time so wait for it to finish. To prevent any corruption during the conversion do not close the browser, refresh the page or navigate away.