Some networks will have IPV6 enabled by default and this may cause an issue with licensing products. This is an issue that has been reported for customers using Unlimi-tech Applets and FileCatalyst Applets.
Microsoft has posted a Knowledgebase Article on how to disable IPV6 globally and for a specific NIC. These solutions can be deployed automatically or manually.
The guide can be accessed here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929852
FileCatalyst Direct Suite v3.4 and later.
FileCatalyst Workflow v4.9 and later.
FileCatalyst Webmail v4.9 and later.
Unlimi-tech Applets all versions.
The following is an excerpt from the full solutions article using manual steps:
- Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit.exe in the Programs list.
- In the User Account Control dialogue box, click Continue.
- In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- Double-click DisabledComponents to change the entry.
If the DisabledComponents entry is unavailable, you must create it. To do this, follow these steps:
- In the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Type DisabledComponents, and then press Enter.
- Double-click DisabledComponents.
- Type the following values in the Value Data Field to configure the IPv6 protocol to the intended state, and then click OK:
- Type 0x10 to disable IPv6 on all non-tunnel interfaces (both LAN and Point-to-Point Protocol [PPP] interfaces).
- A restart of the machine will be required for the settings to be refreshed.