If an existing install of FileCatalyst Workflow and Webmail needs to be moved/migrated/changed to an install on a new machine and the existing settings need to be maintained. This guide will provide instructions on how to backup your settings and export them to a new machine. Please note if after your upgrade your Language File entries do not show, you will need to restart the Tomcat Web Server.
FileCatalyst Workflow v4.9 and later.
FileCatalyst Webmail v4.9 and later.
- Backup configuration and settings.
- If you are using an Internal HSQL DB, this will be copied in the next set of steps.
- If you utilize a MySQL DB, it is recommended that you use MySQL Workbench or a MySQL command line to take a full backup of the database.
- Workflow or Webmail Configuration.
- Log into the FileCatalyst Workflow or Webmail deployment as the Super Admin User.
- Click on About FileCatalyst on the top menu bar.
- The path listed under Configuration Path will be the location of your deployment.
- Copy this folder to the new machine.
- Web Server Settings
- Shut down the Tomcat Web Server service.
- Navigate to the Tomcat installation folder and copy the /<path to Tomcat>/conf/ folder to the new deployment.
- Move into the /<path to Tomcat/webapps/ROOT/, copy the contents of this folder to your new deployment. This folder will maintain your redirectors if they have been setup.
- SSL Certificated (optional)
- Backup your SSL Certificate Directory to your new machine.
- Open the <path to Tomcat>/conf/server.xml in a text editor.
- Search for the element in your SSL connector that has the following:
The path after the equal sign will point to the SSL directory.
- If a FileCatalyst Direct Acceleration Server is being used then you can skip this step as the FileCatalyst Server contains the path to the storage device.
- If you are using the Internal FTP only FileCatalyst Server storage you can get the path to that from the Remote Admin Applet located inside the FC Servers / Script Execution page.
Copying the contents of your whole FTP directory could take a while depending on the size of the directory.
- Install Log Rotation for Tomcat on the new server (only if you are using log rotation) using this guide:
- Tomcat Web Server
- Install Tomcat 9.0.X new machine.
- Restore the backup of the Root folder back into /<path to Tomcat/webapps/ROOT/.
- Edit the <path to Tomcat>/conf/server.xml with the connector information from your old server.xml file.
- If you have SSL Certificates you can import them using Step 7 from this guide and your backed up SSL Certificate files:
- MySQL DB
- Install MySQL Server and Workbench if you used this tool to manage your database.
- Restore your old database using Workbench or MySQL command line tools.
- FileCatalyst Workflow or Webmail
- Download the latest version of workflow.war or fcweb.war from our download page.
- Copy this WAR file into the /<path to Tomcat/webapps/ directory.
- Modify the Tomcat web.xml file using this guide to prevent JSP Servlet Errors.
- Start the Tomcat Web Server Service.
- Access the Workflow or Webmail landing page. You should see a default demo landing page.
- Login using init and the password aaaaa.
- When prompted choose a Custom Directory to use an Existing Setup.
- Specify the path to the configuration for folder and hit Change Folder and Restart.
- From the Modify Configuration menu, click on the Licenses link and provide your Sales Representative with the request string. Enter the License key here and hit Save.
- Under the System Restart section hit the Restart System link. This will remove the Demo Banner.
- Make sure all your NAT devices and Ports point to this machine.