This article contains a guide on backing up and migrating a FileCatalyst HotFolder install to a new location.
FileCatalyst HotFolder v3.4 and later.
- Backup of Configuration:
- The relevant files that are needed for a restoration from the HotFolder installation directory are:
- fchf.conf: This file contains the settings and license of the FileCatalyst HotFolder.
- sites.xml: All sites that are configured in the HotFolder have their relevant information stored in this file.
- hotfolders.xml: The storage information and paths for the FileCatalyst HotFolder are found in this file.
- schedule.xml: All task information and transfer settings are stored in this file.
All of the files noted above are usually located in the installation directory of the FileCatalyst HotFolder.
- The log files are no necessary to restore an installation, however, they can also be moved to the new machine if needed.
- Restoration of FileCatalyst HotFolder:
- Install the FileCatalyst Hotfolder using the method that is suggested for your OS in the FileCatalyst HotFolder documentation.
- Before launching the HotFolder application, copy the following files back into the installation directory. Choose to Overwrite if prompted:
- Edit the fchf.conf and modify the wrapper.java.command=java. This will force the system to push the location of your Java 8 installation. Save the file and close it.
- Launch the application in standalone mode to verify the settings have been imported.
- Open the Help documentation for directions on how to enable the HotFolder as a service.