This guide will provide a quick walkthrough on launching your own FileCatalyst Server and licensing it on an Azure instance.
FileCatalyst Server v3.7.2
Once you have entered the required information (username, password, network information and payment details) to set up an instance on the Azure Portal you will see that your instance will be built and available for use on the Azure Dashboard. Please use the following steps to complete the deployment of the FileCatalyst Server:
- SSH into the Linux using the username ubuntu and either the password or SSH Key.
- Sudo to the root user:
- Change your working directory so that you are in the FileCatalyst Server installation path using:
- Once you are in, you will need to stop the FileCatalyst Server service if it is running.
service fcserver stop
- (Optional) The default admin password is: movefilesfast!
To change the Remote Administration password run the following command:
java -jar FileCatalystServer.jar -passwdadmin
The output should look like this:
- The next step is to install a license key on the FileCatalyst Server.
- Set execute permissions on the launch scripts. Make sure your current working directory is still /opt/utechsoft/server/. Run the following command to set the permissions:
chmod u+x *.sh
- Run ./fc_server_console.sh and look for the Request String line:
Send the request string from your console output to your FileCatalyst Sales Representative. They will provide you with a key. If you do not have a FileCatalyst Sales Rep, you can email email@example.com with your request string.
- Now stop the FileCatalyst Server using the following command:
- Install the license key on the FileCatalyst Server.
Edit fcconf.conf, enter the licensing information after the equal sign.
## License key
FCServer.server.config.license=<Your License Key>
- Save your changes and start the FileCatalyst Server service using this command:
service fcserver start
- (Optional) Verify that the service launched properly using the following command service fcserver status. Your output should look like:
- You can now use the FileCatalyst Server Remote Admin client to Administer the Server. Contact your FileCatalyst Sales Rep for download access.
- In order to perform transfers and to get listings, you will need to enable IP Masquerade on the FileCatalyst Server and set it to the Public IP. (Please see attachment at the bottom of this page)
To enable this you can do the following:
- Open the Server Remote Admin Application.
- Select Advanced on the left-hand side.
- Check the box to Enable Masquerade Address.
- In the address field, enter the Public IP. This is not the IP of the machine running the FileCatalyst Server. If the network device acts as a gateway between your network and the public internet, you can find the public internet address quite easily by browsing from any machine to this site: http://whatismyip.com
Alternatively, you can check on your Azure Dashboard for the Public IP.
- Hit Apply
The data port range is limited to 20 ports. You can increase this on the FileCatalyst Server as well as on your Azure Security Group that is attached to this VM. The port range has to match on both places else transfers will not work.