This guide will provide a quick walkthrough on launching your own FileCatalyst Server Per Hour Billing instance.
FileCatalyst Server v3.7.2
Once you have setup the FileCatalyst Direct Server Per Hour Billing from the Azure Marketplace you can use the following steps to get your deployment online:
- Using the link above in the Azure Marketplace, click on Get It Now to begin your subscription. You will be required login to your Azure account.
- Once you are logged in you can commence the deployment process by clicking create:
- In the basic configuration tab, you will need to specify connection details and a connecting username. For this article, we have used ubuntu as the username and specified a password. You can choose the options that fit your needs. Hit Ok to continue to the next tab.
- In the next step, you will configure the type of instance you would like to use. You will need to choose the best VM option depending on the amount of data (number of files and total size), number of simultaneous connections, compression settings and other applications that are running on the machine. You can reference our System Requirements and configure an instance you need.
- Once you have configured any additional options and accepted the terms and agreements your instance will be created on the Azure Dashboard. Click Connect on your instance to get SSH connection details.
- Connect a Terminal or PuTTY session to your Azure Deployment and sudo to the root user:
- Change your working directory so that you are in the FileCatalyst Server installation path using:
- Set execute permissions on the launch scripts. Make sure your current working directory is still /opt/utechsoft/server/. Run the following command to set the permissions:
chmod u+x *.sh
- Once you are in, you will need to stop the FileCatalyst Server service if it is running.
service fcserver stop
- (Optional) The default admin password is: movefilesfast!
To change the Remote Administration password run the following command:
java -jar FileCatalystServer.jar -passwdadmin
The output should look like this:
- Start the FileCatalyst Server service using this command:
service fcserver start
- The FileCatalyst Server is now running in headless mode. You can administer the Server remotely using the FileCatalyst Server Remote Admin tool.
You can access the Download Portal or choose FileCatalyst Server Admin for your OS:
MacOSX v3.7.2 package installer
Windows v3.7.2 executable installer
Linux v3.7.2 zip package
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for download credentials.
- Open your FileCatalyst Server Remote Admin and click on the Advanced tab. In the first row, you will see the Network tab, click on it.
Locate the IP Settings section and Enable Masquerade Address. Enter your Public IPv4 address in the Masquerade Address field and hit Apply.
This step will allow the FileCatalyst Server to broadcast the Public IP of the machine rather than the Internal IP. You can obtain the Public IP of your deployment from the Azure Dashboard.
Quick Start Guide: How to add External File System Storage on the FileCatalyst Server