If you have applied the fix below, please revert your changes as this workaround is no longer necessary.
Your applications should work normally today. The issue only applied to the applications rotating logs on December 31st.
If you have any questions please contact our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Many clients are reporting that their FileCatalyst Application service is stalling, hung or in a state where no transfers are possible.
In the application logs, there are references to :
- Found potential user thread: id, name:RotatingLogFileHandler.zipLogs()
- java.nio.file.FileSystemException: C:\Program Files\FileCatalyst Central\log\Central-2018-12-31-Usr.0.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
this is an example from Central but can impact all products.
All FileCatalyst Applications
We will need to modify the configuration files for the applications directly in order to apply this fix. The following fix must be applied to all applications.
Here are the names of the files you will need to modify and they are all located in the root of the installation directory for the application:
Use the following steps to add the fix to the configuration file:
- HotFolder - fchf.conf
- Server - fcconf.conf
- TransferAgent - fcta.conf
- Central - maconfig.conf
- Shut down the application and all open remote admin applications.
- Open the configuration file you would like to modify from the list above in a text editor.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the file and enter the following property exactly:
- Save the file and close it.
- Go to your installation directory of the application and rename the logs folder to logs_old.
- Start the application service.
An alternative method is to use the UI to add the property. Use the following steps for the HotFolder and Server:
- Open the Remote Admin application and go to the Advanced Tab.
- Click on the System Properties tab and at the bottom, you should see a button called Add Property.
- In the new dialogue add the following information exactly. The property is case-sensitive:
- Hit Ok and Apply to save your changes.
- Close the Remote Admin and restart the Service for the changes to take effect.
Please note those clients who use our command line tools or API you will need to add java -Dunlimited.fc.logging.enableLogRotation=false -jar <options>