Amazon Linux on AWS EC2.
FileCatalyst Direct Server v3.8.3 Build 67 and newer.
From the AWS Marketplace search for FileCatalyst and from the results select “FileCatalyst Direct Server Hourly Billing”.
- To create and launch an instance click on Continue to Subscribe. You will need to have an AWS Account to continue.
- When using the 1-Click Launch option, AWS selects a Region for you, however, if you would like to change the location of your EC2 instance you can modify the selection by using the drop-down list:
- Our software has a specific set of requirements for installation and deployment. We have provided a list of compatible instances that you can use to deploy your FileCatalyst Server which is compatible with this AMI. The EC2 instance specifications will be displayed once you make a selection:
- Networking options are preset in this installation. You can either use the preset values under the VPC Settings tab or create your own VPC and Subnet(s). Please make sure your VPC has connectivity from the outside.
Please refer to AWS VPC Guide for more information. These settings can be modified after you launch the instance.
- Inbound and Outbound Firewall Rules will need to be added so that you can have traffic and data flow in and out of your deployment. We have already created some firewall rules for you based on our default configurations. We recommend that you start here, this will allow you to get up and running fast and as with any settings in the AWS platform they can be changed at a later date. Please select “Create new based on seller settings”:
- Create a key pair through your EC2 Console to access the Ubuntu OS through PuTTY. Please click on the link to proceed on the deployment page:
After your browser is refreshed you will be able to view your newly created Key Pair:
Check your browsers download location for the PEM file that was downloaded.
- To launch your instance you will need to accept the charges, terms and the EULA:
- From our EC2 Console connect to the instance using PuTTY (If on Windows) or using any SSH client. Right click on your instance and hit connect.
Use this guide if on Windows on Connecting to Your Linux Instance from Windows Using PuTTY
- On your first connection, the FileCatalyst Server will already be installed, licensed and running. You will need to enable the Masquerade feature in the FileCatalyst Server so that external clients can connect to the deployment using the Public IP.
In the PuTTY terminal look inside /home/ubuntu/ for a README.txt. This file will contain instructions to enable the remote admin connection and set the admin password which you can use to connect to the FileCatalyst Server and enable the Masquerade property.
You can access the Download Portal or choose FileCatalyst Server Admin for your OS:
Current MacOSX Admin package installer
Current Windows Admin executable installer
Current Linux Admin zip package
Contact [email protected] for download credentials. Please make sure the build is v3.8.3 Build 67 when downloading the Server Admin.
- Open your FileCatalyst Server Remote Admin and click on the Advanced tab. In the first row, you will see the Network tab, click on it.
Locate the IP Settings section and Enable Masquerade Address. Enter your Public IPv4 address in the Masquerade Address field and hit Apply.
This step will allow the FileCatalyst Server to broadcast the Public IP of the machine rather than the Internal IP.
Quick Start Guide: How to add External File System Storage on the FileCatalyst Server